Christ’s love, offered freely, one-on-one, to envision the unique and sacred value of each human being – That was the vision in 1984 and continues to guide every aspect of what we do.
The mission of Assurance for Life, Inc., is to empower individuals to consider beneficial options for pregnancy and sexual health.
- 1984 Assurance for Life was founded under the name Women for Life by Mrs. George (Patty) Gilpin, Mrs. Chris (Susan) Wiley, Mrs. John (Garnett) Langley and Mrs. Tom (Shirley) Daniel and incorporated as a private, non-profit organization.
- 1985 AA Pregnancy Help Center opens its doors at 1309 S. Limestone, Lexington, KY, near the campuses of University of Kentucky and Transylvania University.
- 1996 Abstinence education program started as a community service in hopes of reaching kids with a positive, healthy message.
- 2000 AA Pregnancy Help Center moves to 1517 Nicholasville Rd., Doctors Park, Lexington, KY, to become a state-licensed medical facility offering limited obstetric ultrasounds. Satellite pregnancy help center opened in Frankfort, KY.
- 2001 Heritage Community Services of South Carolina partners with AA Pregnancy Help Center to offer nationally recognized abstinence education program the partnership continued until 2011.
- 2007 Frankfort satellite center becomes independent ministry – Avenues for Women. AA Pregnancy Help Center undergoes operating name change to become Assurance to have a more marketable and innovative outreach to clients.
- 2009 Assurance begins ministry for men, by men as an outreach to the guys who accompany our female clients.
- 2013 Launched the Raise the Standard abstinence education program.
- 2015 Assurance receives its state license for providing mobile health services and begins partnerships to go on the road to perform ultrasounds at sister pregnancy centers in central and eastern Kentucky who are not able to provide medical services.
- Baptists for Life/ Life Matters Worldwide
- Care Net
- Heartbeat International
- National Institute of Family and Life Advocates
- Kentucky Association of Pregnancy Care Agencies
- Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability
- Ministry Mastery a program of Ministry Ventures