It was so good to see friends both old and new at the 2023 Assurance for Life Banquet. For those that couldn’t make it, we wanted to give you a bit of a run down and share a few highlights of the evening and the past year’s work at Assurance. This year’s banquet was special for the following reasons:
- We honored Ann Wilkinson, the first Executive Director of Assurance with the Wayne B. Smith Power of One Award, for her outstanding work and leadership in guiding this organization in its early phases.
- The President of Life Training Institute Scott Klusendorf provided us with a powerful and informative talk on how we can culturally and apologetically defend the sanctity of life.
- Assurance welcomed in its new Executive Director Randall Hardman.
In addition, our Chairman of the Board Dan Collier shared vital updates regarding the past 12 months of Assurance’s work. These include the following:
- In 2022 Assurance had over 1,100 visits with clients (24 % of these were with fathers) and at least 129 lives saved from abortion. This year (2023) that number is at least 75.
- In 2022, we provided over 300 free ultrasounds for pregnant women.
- From our origins in 1985 to date, Assurance has had the blessing of saving nearly 5,100 children.
- Through Telecare, our nurses have had over 215 phone conversations with women considering abortion. We have learned through this time that we are often the first call after a pregnancy test.
- Since opening our STI clinic in 2022, we have served nearly 200 individuals with free testing.
- Since April of 2023, we have connected 18 women through our new Bridge Program to vital resources in our community to empower them to choose life and provide support in time of need.
Behind these statistics are real men, women, and children! Real people like Anna and Lance, Beth, Heather, and Kim. We encourage you to go watch our banquet video on our Client Video page and hear the testimonies for yourself. It’s powerful and gives us continued inspiration and purpose for the day-to-day of this important work.
Although we might have missed you at the banquet, I hope you will continue to support the work of Assurance here in Lexington and Central Kentucky. There are a couple ways to give:
- Online at https://assuranceforlife.org/give (where you can set up regular monthly donations)!
- By check made out to: Assurance (Attn: Janet), 1517 Nicholasville Rd. Suite 405, Lexington, KY 40503.
- Towards our banquet fund at aflbanquet.org. This helps us put this important program year after year.
As the new Executive Director of Assurance for Life and a long-time advocate for the Pro-Life movement, I, the staff, and the Board of Directors at Assurance thank you in advance for your generous response. We could not do this without your love and support!
Executive Director, Assurance for Life